Test & Validation
Types of Tests
- Unit Tests check a specific function of a class method, such as Set/Get, Create/Destroy. They also test for the handling of un-initialized objects. Unit tests can be run in exhaustive or non-exhaustive (sanity check) mode.
- System Tests generally involve inter-component interactions and utilize multiple classes such as Components, States, Fields, Grids, Clocks, and DELayouts.
- Use Test Cases test realistic problem sizes, e.g. large data sets, processor counts, and grid sizes.
- External Demos are templates for user applications which use the ESMF library as an external dependency.
- Daily Builds are automated daily jobs that check out the ESMF code from SourceForge and build and run the system tests, examples, and unit tests on many different platforms.
- Test Harness is a flexible test control system intended to provide a thorough parameter space exploration of remapping and redistribution of distributed arrays and fields. The parameter space is defined through configuration files which are interpreted at run time to perform the desired tests.